This leads me to ask a question:
Does anyone know of any regional center or partnership promoter or franchise promoter that does NOT engage in conflict of interest and fully discloses all material facts to EB-5 visa investors?
I know that Messrs. Joe Sloboda and Fred Burgess have their own little conflict of interest scam going with Voodoo BBQ, and I also know that pretty much every single regional center and so-called 'Direct Investment' partnership does engage in conflict of interest and fraud. A great example I reviewed recently was E3 investment group, where they followed a textbook example of conflict of interest, where they use multiple entities to siphon off an investor's money. If an EB-5 investor were to run that same business on their own, they'd not only have operating profits but also have solid capital gains, instead of letting crooks rob them blind.
I can honestly say that over 90% (and possibly ALL) of regional centers and Direct Investment "partnerships' which are basically regional centers in disguise, have not only offered and sold securities illegally overseas, but have also violated US and overseas securities laws AND committed securities fraud. If the entity has dealt with Klasko or Kalmykov or Jeffers or Su or other notorious names, the chances for fraud and conflict of interest increase exponentially as entities that have dealt with them usually engage in conflict of interest and fraud.
EB-5 visa investors need to ask the following questions of all regional centers and partnerships in order to detect and prevent fraud:
All EB-5 visa seekers should also ask the following questions of regional centers and partnerships to detect and avoid fraud:
1) What is the mean and median amount of capital loss experienced by EB-5 visa seekers who invest in your regional center or partnership?
Capital loss is very commonly experienced by EB-5 visa investors in regional centers and other partnerships.
2) What is the mean and median processing time for regional center sponsored I-526 and I-829 petitions?
EB-5 visa petitions filed by regional centers and other partnerships now take about twice as long as Direct Investment businesses to get approved.
3) What is the mean and median lock in period for capital in regional centers?
EB-5 visa investors are usually stuck for 5-9 years in regional centers.
4) What is the mean and median annual ROI that is offered by the partnership / regional center?
EB-5 visa investors usually earn 1% or less in regional centers and not much more in partnerships. In contrast, those who opt for Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually earn between 20 to 35% annual ROE.
5) Are the business founders, CFO and CEO willing to offer written guarantees of FULL disclosure of material facts on an ongoing basis as well as freedom from fraud and conflict of interest?
Avoid those who refuse to guarantee this in a notarized affidavit.
6) Are you offering and selling securities in full compliance of US and overseas securities laws?
Avoid those who refuse to confirm this in a notarized affidavit.
A simple way for EB-5 visa investors to detect & prevent fraud is to demand the following safeguards from those who offer EB-5 visa related services:
1) A written guarantee by the top 5 officers of the regional center / partnership firm AND the marketer, confirming that they will clearly disclose all material information on an ongoing basis, as failure to do so is classified as SECURITIES FRAUD.
2) A written guarantee that the marketer and regional center / partnership officers will NOT engage in conflict of interest, and will procure goods / services and hire employees in a transparent and competitive manner.
3) A written guarantee to fully refund an investor's fees in case the investor's petition is rejected due to the fault of the regional center.
4) A full disclosure of the amount of capital that the firm's founders and investors have invested and the percentage of ownership stake and profits that they will get.
EB-5 visa seekers should remember that Direct Investment businesses are THE BEST option to get the EB-5 visa quickly, safely and usually profitably for the following reasons:
- Faster processing and approval times.
- Easy exit strategy.
- Investors usually get a much higher Return on Investment.
- Investors usually get a much higher Capital gain, whereas regional center investors usually get capital losses.
- Our clients have a 100% approval rate of I-526 and I-829, while those who choose regional centers or other partnerships usually have a 42% chance of getting their permanent green card and usually see capital losses.
- Our clients have very little risk as we conduct extensive due diligence and work hard to prevent fraud and conflict of interest, whereas regional centers and partnerships are overrun with fraud and conflict of interest.
- Our clients ALWAYS have full control of their business and their money. Those who choose our competitors usually have to kiss their money goodbye, and are STUCK for 5-9 years.
- We offer a written guarantee of freedom from fraud and conflict of interest, whereas our competitors, regional centers and direct investment partnerships usually don't offer this guarantee.
- We offer a written guarantee of FULL disclosure of material facts on an ongoing basis, whereas our competitors usually don't offer this guarantee.
- We offer a written guarantee of full fee refund in case a client is rejected due to our team's fault, while our competitors usually don't offer this guarantee because they are incompetent cowards who are unsure about the quality of their work.
- Since 2004, our clients have NEVER been denied at the I-526 and I-829 stage, and have NEVER suffered operating or capital losses, and have usually earned over 22% annual Return on Equity because of our focus on due diligence and our extensive efforts to reduce risk by preventing fraud and conflict of interest. Try finding a regional center or partnership that boasts of this record.