- ICE's recommendation to shut down regional centers will be taken seriously and most if not all regional centers will be shut down by end of 2015.
- Hundreds of EB-5 visa investors who failed to get their I-829 approved and are now out of status will be deported, resulting in massive lawsuits against regional centers as well as folks such as Brian Su, Thom Casebolt, Tyler McKay, Kevin Jeffers, Fred Burgess, Joe Sloboda and others who aided and abetted regional centers in committing massive securities fraud.
- USCIS, SEC, IRS, FBI and ICE will issue several new regulations and increase regulatory oversight, resulting in further delays of regional center sponsored I-526 petitions from 18 months to 26 months.
- Increased regulatory and compliance requirements will cause massive denials of regional center filed I-526 petitions for EB-5 visas due to securities law and fraud issues as regional centers
- Number of Targeted Employment Areas (TEA) will sharply decrease due to improving labour market and sharp drop in unemployment numbers.
- Chinese EB-5 visa Investors will see significant delay due to pending visa petitions.
- Most EB-5 visa investors will refuse to deal with regional centers and ask for Direct Investment due to better returns and lower risk.
1) Will you be owing me a fiduciary duty if I signed up with you? If the answer is NO, then avoid them.
2) How many years of experience do you actually have with Direct Investments and how many EB-5 visa investors have you actually helped under the Direct Investment Category?
3) In the past, have you sold or marketed regional center securities to EB-5 visa investors? If the answer is YES, please avoid that individual, as it is quite likely that they have committed securities fraud and money laundering.
4) Are you willing to offer a written guarantee of full disclosure of material facts and freedom from conflict of interest?
5) Are you willing to offer a fee refund guarantee in case my case is denied due to your negligence or incompetence?
If a service provider or marketer will not owe you a fiduciary duty, then do NOT trust them at all. It is no secret that there is widespread conflict of interest and fraud going on against EB-5 visa investors, whether you see the example of Joe Sloboda marketing Voodoo BBQ without clearly disclosing his interests as a master franchisor and relationship with Fred Burgess, or the fact that EB-5 visa investors can get more established (and safer) fast food franchises to invest in, when compared to Voodoo BBQ, or the example of David Tashroudian, who wanted a wrap around agreement marketing Carl's Jr. Franchises to EB-5 visa investors, taking over 11 % of the revenues as royalties going into his own pocket, while Carl's Jr. (the franchisor) itself would only get 8.5%.
I do NOT get any money from any franchisor, so our advice on selecting a franchise is objective, impartial and based entirely on merits. I actually offer a written guarantee of freedom from fraud and conflict of interest, and also guarantee full disclosure of material facts, as not only is this good business practice, but by virtue of being a Licensed Real Estate and Business Broker, I'm required by law to do so. As I'm a Licensed Real Estate and Business Broker, I legally owe a fiduciary duty to my clients, which means that I ALWAYS have to place my clients interests ahead of my own.
Recently, DHS OIG also issued a report recommending significant restrictions on regional centers due to fraud, money laundering and other serious issues. USCIS had a joint conference call last year along with SEC, where they indicated significant concerns about securities law violations and fraud committed by regional centers against EB-5 visa investors. SEC also issued their own notice advising EB-5 visa investors to be cautious about dealing with regional centers due to fraud committed by regional centers and unscrupulous partnership promoters.
The fact is, most of the service providers in today's EB-5 services marketplace have aided, abetted, committed or conspired to commit conflict of interest, securities fraud, money laundering, securities law violations and other serious felonies. These range from Matt Gordon, David Tashroudian and Joe Sloboda's conflict of interest laden Direct Investment solutions offered to EB-5 visa investors, to the regional centers marketed by Brian Su and Kevin Jeffers, and the results are delayed processing, low returns, capital losses and denial of permanent green cards.
Why do regional centers offer such terrible results to EB-5 visa investors?
The answer is: Regional centers usually pay a large amount of money paid towards commissions, and also suffer from conflict of interest, where hiring and procurement of goods & services are done from related parties at inflated costs.
If a regional center promoter's first interest is stealing instead of serving their investors, then capital losses, low returns, delayed processing due to increased regulatory scrutiny, terrible exit strategies and high percentage of visa loss are inevitable.
Why do our EB-5 visa investors usually see high return on equity, capital gains, 100% approval of I-526 and I-829, quick approval and no fraud or conflict of interest?
EB-5 visa investors must remember an important fact: As licensed RE & Business Brokers, we actually owe a fiduciary duty to our clients. This means that the law requires us to always put our client's interests ahead of our own. EB-5 visa investors should ask if the service provider owes them a fiduciary duty, and strongly suspect the motives of those who don't owe them fiduciary duties.
This is why we recommend top ranked franchises instead of risky franchises such as Twistee Treat, Voodoo BBQ, Marcos Pizza, etc.
This is why we don't engage in conflict of interest or conceal material facts.
This is why we advise our clients in ways that help them get their green card (EB-5 visa) in a quick, safe and usually profitable manner, as a failure to do so will jeopardise our professional licenses.
This is why we confidently offer written guarantees of full fee refund in case our client is denied due to our fault as well as written guarantees of freedom from fraud, conflict of interest and full disclosure of material facts.
Our competitors usually don't owe a fiduciary duty to their clients and will usually refuse to offer the written guarantees that we confidently offer. We know that our team is quite competent, which is why we've no problems in offering a 100% fee refund guarantee to our clients in case our clients fail to get their EB-5 visa due to our fault. If our competitors were asked to offer the same fee refund guarantee, they usually refuse to do so as they aren't that confident about the level of their services.
Advantages of Genuine Direct Investment Business:
1. Faster processing and approval times.
2. Easy exit strategy.
3. Investors usually get a 15-35% annual Return on Equity.
4. Investors usually get Capital gains, whereas regional center investors usually get capital losses.
5. Our clients have a 100% approval rate of I-526 and I-829, which is a lot higher than regional centers or other partnerships.
6. Full control of business and capital, which helps prevent fraud, conflict of interest and losses.
For more information, please visit our website http://www.smartbusinessbroker.com or read our blog at http://eb5-expert.blogspot.com/
If you're an EB-5 visa investor, be sure to hire our team to help you. You'll be glad you did.
Mohammed Shaikh, MBA, CFE, Licensed Business & RE Broker (CA & FL)
Phone: +1 407 535 0616