Similar reports and suggestions were made by unknown US sources to the USCIS, SEC and IRS (see link http://www.uscisconnect.ideascale.com/a/ideafactory.do?mode=top&tag=eb-5 ), due to which it is expected that in the next 6 months, most regional centers and their businesses ( also known as projects ) will fail due to regulatory action on both sides of the Pacific.
- EB-5 visa investors will not come across even ONE regional center whose CEO and CFO can honestly certify that they disclose ALL material facts to their investors and don't engage in fraud or conflict of interest. In a Genuine Direct Investment Business, it is quite unusual to encounter fraud or conflict of interest. This alone is THE biggest reason why EB-5 visa investors usually experience capital loss if they opt for regional centers or unsafe Direct Investments (such as Twistee Treats or Voodoo or Marcos Pizza), while those who opt for Genuine Direct Investment Businesses will usually NEVER experience capital loss.
- EB-5 visa investors who choose Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually earn annual ROI of 15% to 40%, while those who select regional centers usually earn 0-2% annual ROI.
- Genuine Direct Investment Businesses offer easy exit strategies to EB-5 visa investors while those who invest in regional centers experience TERRIBLE exit strategies.
- Regional Centers usually commit securities fraud and securities law violations while this is usually unheard of in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses.
- EB-5 visa investors usually get capital gains upon exit if they invest in a Genuine Direct Investment Business and almost NEVER get capital gains if they invest in a regional center.
- EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses see faster processing and approval of their petitions, while it takes about twice as long for EB-5 visa investors to get their immigrant visa through regional centers.
- EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses have a significantly higher chance of getting their permanent green card, while those who opt for regional centers have a significantly lower chance of getting their green card.