As it is, Direct Investments are THE BEST CHOICE for EB-5 visa investors as they are fast and are usually free of fraud (unless you count the crooks who try to get EB-5 visa investors to invest in risky franchises and businesses).
As predicted since last year, it seems that regional centers may soon cease to exist due to 2 important reasons:
1) An inability to get congressional approval for an extension due to strong opposition from law enforcement and intelligence agencies.
2) An increased level of monitoring and enforcement by SEC, ICE, USCIS, FBI, IRS-CID and DoS investigators will make it practically impossible for regional centers to function even if they somehow manage to get an extension approved in Congress.
1. In a Genuine Direct Investment Business, it is quite unusual to encounter fraud or conflict of interest. This alone is THE biggest reason why EB-5 visa investors usually experience capital loss if they opt for regional centers or unsafe Direct Investments (such as Voodoo BBQ or Marcos Pizza), while those who opt for Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually NEVER experience capital loss.
2. EB-5 visa investors who choose Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually earn annual ROI of 15% to 40%, while those who select regional centers usually earn 0-2% annual ROI.
3. Genuine Direct Investment Businesses offer easy exit strategies to EB-5 visa investors while those who invest in regional centers see TERRIBLE exit strategies.
4. Regional Centers usually commit securities fraud and securities law violations while this is usually unheard of in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses.
5. EB-5 visa investors usually get capital gains if they invest in a Genuine Direct Investment Business and almost NEVER get capital gains if they invest in a regional center.
6. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually see faster processing and approval of their petitions, while it takes much longer for EB-5 visa investors to get their immigrant visa through regional centers.
7. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses have a higher chance of getting their permanent green card, while those who opt for regional centers have a lower chance of getting their green card.
For more information, please contact Mr. Mohammed Shaikh, MBA (Accounting), CFE, Licensed Business & RE Broker (CA & FL) at +1 407 535 0616