I just read an article by Attorney Klasko that made laugh out loud (see http://discuss.ilw.com/content.php?4885-Article-Update-on-EB-5-Legislation-By-H-Ronald-Klasko )
The fact is, if the chances were "exceedingly high" as claimed by Attorney Klasko, maybe he can explain WHY has the regional center industry been unable to get an extension of the regional center program in the EB-5 visa category since 2014?
Attorney Klasko obviously has a vested commercial interest in trying to prevent panic from setting in among EB-5 visa investors and regional centers, even if it is with clearly inaccurate "beliefs" that are proven wrong not by my statements but by events. If there was no significant opposition, then WHAT were ICE and Senator Grassley and Corker doing? Are they insignificant? Or is it that Attorney Klasko missed the famous ICE memo recommending that regional centers be shut down? If chances of renewal were exceedingly high, WHY is it that Polis and Lofgren failed to gain traction and now Goodlatte is also going to make a Quixotic and desperate last ditch attempt to save the regional center industry from being shut down due to fraud, conflict of interest and money laundering?
1. In a Genuine Direct Investment Business, it is quite unusual to encounter fraud or conflict of interest. This alone is THE biggest reason why EB-5 visa investors usually experience capital loss if they opt for regional centers or unsafe Direct Investments (such as Voodoo BBQ or Marcos Pizza), while those who opt for Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually NEVER experience capital loss.
2. EB-5 visa investors who choose Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually earn annual ROI of 15% to 40%, while those who select regional centers usually earn 0-2% annual ROI.
3. Genuine Direct Investment Businesses offer easy exit strategies to EB-5 visa investors while those who invest in regional centers see TERRIBLE exit strategies.
4. Regional Centers usually commit securities fraud and securities law violations while this is usually unheard of in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses.
5. EB-5 visa investors usually get capital gains if they invest in a Genuine Direct Investment Business and almost NEVER get capital gains if they invest in a regional center.
6. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually see faster processing and approval of their petitions, while it takes much longer for EB-5 visa investors to get their immigrant visa through regional centers.
7. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses have a higher chance of getting their permanent green card, while those who opt for regional centers have a lower chance of getting their green card.
For more information, please contact: