The bill that may be introduced is expected to be unsuccessful in the same way HR 616 and HR 3370 introduced by Polis and Lofgren were also predestined to fail, simply because there may be too many legitimate concerns raised by intelligence and law enforcement agencies that prevent any attempt to continue with the good old days, and the politicians themselves aren't in favour of making the program permanent.
Another major development that may kill the regional center program (which relies heavily on indirect job creation) is a lobbying effort by http://www.maj-a.us/, which was created by the promoters of E3 Investment Group, Marcos Pizza and Voodoo BBQ, etc. They're lobbying Congress to eliminate the indirect job creation category altogether, which would lead to the automatic end of all regional centers, as regional centers are unable to prove even 30% direct job creation. I personally don't think very highly of E3 investment group, Marcos Pizza or Voodoo BBQ due to the fact that I believe the promoters of E3 and Voodoo engaged in conflict of interest, and the Indian marketer of Marcos Pizza may potentially be committing fraud. However, I do agree with them that there are plenty of direct job creation opportunities, due to which the indirect job creation rule should be eliminated from the EB-5 visa program.
The most damage is expected to occur when the GAO audit report on the EB-5 visa program is released. I'd be surprised if it didn't have some people up in arms, but I'm not going to let the cat out of the bag yet.
From an analytical perspective, the ONLY potential bill that MAY succeed in temporarily renewing the regional center program is S 1501, as HR 616 and HR 3370 seem to have no chance of passage. However, the regional center industry is actively opposing S. 1501, which means that there may potentially be a chance that the regional center program will expire in September 2015, and Direct Investment is probably going to be the only option for EB-5 visa investors.
1. In a Genuine Direct Investment Business, it is quite unusual to encounter fraud or conflict of interest. This alone is THE biggest reason why EB-5 visa investors usually experience capital loss if they opt for regional centers or unsafe Direct Investments (such as Voodoo BBQ or Marcos Pizza), while those who opt for Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually NEVER experience capital loss.
2. EB-5 visa investors who choose Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually earn annual ROI of 15% to 40%, while those who select regional centers usually earn 0-2% annual ROI.
3. Genuine Direct Investment Businesses offer easy exit strategies to EB-5 visa investors while those who invest in regional centers see TERRIBLE exit strategies.
4. Regional Centers usually commit securities fraud and securities law violations while this is usually unheard of in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses.
5. EB-5 visa investors usually get capital gains if they invest in a Genuine Direct Investment Business and almost NEVER get capital gains if they invest in a regional center.
6. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses usually see faster processing and approval of their petitions, while it takes much longer for EB-5 visa investors to get their immigrant visa through regional centers.
7. EB-5 visa investors in Genuine Direct Investment Businesses have a higher chance of getting their permanent green card, while those who opt for regional centers have a lower chance of getting their green card.
For more information, please contact: