We now know that Nicholas Colucci may be the new Director of the EB-5 Program, and the question is, will he act in a questionable manner? Beltway insiders in the DC area usually refer to Greenberg Traurig in ways that are not very flattering, and this particular law firm has been involved in some major scandals including the Jack Abramoff scandal. FinCEN's website had a brief bio on him, and it seems that Colucci doesn't really have much financial crimes investigative and analysis experience.
Will we see more political pressure brought to bear to on behalf of fraudulent regional centers? The past performance of regional centers represented by Greenberg Traurig has been less than impressive, and it can be confidently said that every single one of those regional centers committed securities fraud, securities law violations and investor fraud in the process of selling securities to EB-5 visa investors. We've seen how Harry Reid helped his son's firm grease the wheels for Sam Nazarian's casino by helping expedite questionable EB-5 visa petitions, and it won't be surprising if the trend continues with Greenberg Traurig as well. Recently, we saw a few examples of articles authored by Greenberg Traurig attorneys Kate K and Steve A, advising regional centers on HOW to avoid being held accountable for their securities offerings, and it seems to me that they are basically advising regional centers on HOW to get away with the act of committing fraud. To make matters more interesting, it seems that there is a strong affiliation between Brian Su and Greenberg Traurig going back a few years, and we all know that EB-5 visa investors who invest in regional centers marketed by Brian Su usually lose their time, money and EB-5 visa.
The bottom line is quite simple: EB-5 visa investors need to avoid dealing with all regional centers as ICE itself says nothing can be done to rid regional centers of fraud (see link to the ICE memo at http://www.smartbusinessbroker.com/3874.html ) to understand that even ICE, which is the premier investigative agency in the nation, says that the rampant fraud in regional centers is incurable.
Genuine Direct Investment Businesses are the best option for EB-5 visa investors, and any objective attorney and CPA will clearly advise EB-5 visa investors to choose a Genuine Direct Investment Business and avoid regional centers and partnerships due to fraud, conflict of interest, mismanagement, low returns and terrible exit strategies.
EB-5 visa seekers should remember that Genuine Direct Investment businesses are THE BEST option to get the EB-5 visa quickly, safely and usually profitably for the following reasons:
- Faster processing and approval times.
- Easy exit strategy.
- Investors usually get a much higher Return on Investment.
- Investors usually get a much higher Capital gain, whereas regional center investors usually get capital losses.
- Our clients have a 100% approval rate of I-526 and I-829, while those who choose regional centers or other partnerships don't.
- Our clients have very little risk as we conduct extensive due diligence and work hard to prevent fraud and conflict of interest, whereas regional centers and partnerships are overrun with fraud and conflict of interest.
- Full control of business and capital, which helps prevent fraud, conflict of interest and losses.
- Our clients ALWAYS have full control of their business and their money. Those who choose regional centers and partnerships usually have to kiss their money goodbye, and are STUCK for 5-9 years.
- We offer a written guarantee of freedom from fraud and conflict of interest, whereas our competitors usually don't offer this guarantee.
- We offer a written guarantee of FULL disclosure of material facts on an ongoing basis, whereas our competitors usually don't offer this guarantee.
- We offer a written guarantee of full fee refund in case a client is rejected due to our team's fault, while our competitors usually don't offer this guarantee because they are incompetent cowards who are unsure about the quality of their work.
- Since 2004, our clients have NEVER been denied at the I-526 and I-829 stage, and have NEVER suffered operating or capital losses, and have usually earned over 22% annual Return on Equity because of our focus on due diligence and our extensive efforts to reduce risk by preventing fraud and conflict of interest. Try finding a regional center or partnership that boasts of this record.
- We are quite objective in our assessments, and owe a fiduciary duty to our EB-5 visa investor clients, while those who sell regional center and partnership securities usually do not owe fiduciary duties to EB-5 visa investors. In plain words, we are required by law to put our clients interests first, and we do so because it helps us more than it helps our clients! We advise our clients diligently and help them make solid decisions.
- We are probably the ONLY firm that actually encourages our clients to always stay in full control of their business and their funds at every stage as this helps us avoid escrow accounting and reduces potential for fraud, embezzlement and litigation.